Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Topic of Interest

Topic of Interest


This week, I have really been able to reflect on my research topic, as a whole. This week especially I have seen many food drives, many conferences and heard many talking about the issue of refugees. It is interesting to see how much people are actually talking about this worldwide issue and to see it's impact on certain individuals. Most of the things I have seen pertaining to refugees has been in the LA hall by the multicultural center. As I walked through the halls, it was interesting to see that students are setting up these stations, and are promoting a change. This really helped me to see that not only is this issue relevant but this issue may affect many more, close to home then we may believe. As I was looking through social media, I came by a quote that read, "Refugees have no choice. You do." This quote struck me and seemed to apply to all those who were out there setting up booths, having conferences and doing so much more to help these people. It was interesting to me that I was able to feel in the loop and to feel as if I knew what was happening around me, it was a good feeling. Also it seemed to give a little nudge as to if I really do have all this information now, why not do something about it?


No comments:

Post a Comment