Monday, January 30, 2017

My Topic of Interest

Refugees


The topic I've decided on is Refugees. I decided on this topic because of all I have seen on this topic lately in social media and also because of all those I know who are personally involved. One of my best friends named Cassidy lives in California, and has had the chance to work with refugee kids through a ministry in San Diego. She explained the eye opening experience to me and told of how we really take our freedoms for granted. One quote she shared states: "The President can lock refugees out but he can't lock out love in." This was quoted by Jeremy Courtney. I also the other day saw  a post on refugees which included a picture of a father holding his child, a look of complete horror and sorrow on his face. The caption read: "It's often important to see the humanity in our actions." These two posts really hit me in the face. I think often times, we do forget that these people are people just like us. They are humans. Humans who need all the same things we do. Human who deserve a place of safety and a place to flourish and have the lives they deserve. I feel very strongly about this topic and would love to learn more about the specifics of the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment