Monday, January 23, 2017

AOD 1/23/17


AOD 1/23/17


The quote we were supposed to interpret reads, "...if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought." I think that this is a very interesting because it shows that your thoughts can affect the way you think, and your words can also affect the way you think. I have never thought of language affecting the way you think. I interpret this as that based on what you not only hear but even slight errors in the way you speak can affect how you see something. For example, if I see someone who is clearly a woman and call her a girl, this could change my own thinking and also others thoughts to perceive this woman as a girl. Our language and the way we speak effects us each day. Each day we can form opinions and express them in the way we speak and interact with others. I think often our language also "corrupts" others thoughts. I believe that what we say and how we say it affects how others perceive the concept or idea we are talking about. I also that in how we speak and what we hear leads to action. If we constantly talk negatively I believe this will make us a negative person, because action will become habit. I think this quote overall is very true and that in the long run language does corrupt thought and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment