Monday, January 30, 2017

AOD 1/30/17

Revenge

This poem by Elisa Chavez was very shocking to me. The poem was so elaborate and dealt gave opinions on so many issues at once, I did not know where to begin dissecting it. Elisa in this poem talks about the issues of: gay vs. lesbians, gun control, generational terms, mixed races, suicide and much more. Elisa in this poem uses very bold statements about what she believes and how she believes the world can conform. In one line she tells, "Because real talk, you didn’t stop the future from coming. You just delayed our coronation." This line really stuck out to me. It sounded as if Elisa was stating that she could not be stopped. She sends a message that what is going to happen will, as the world changes, and as the world's view change. This article made me feel very anxious. I think the political environment is what motivated Elisa to write along with her personal experiences. After reading this, I have many questions about where she first read this? What does she mean she doesn't feel alive right now? I have many questions about what Elisa was thinking while writing this piece.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you said about being anxious. I didn't know what to expect as I kept reading.

    ReplyDelete