Monday, February 6, 2017

AOD 2/6/17




Stereotypes of Men
I actually really enjoyed reading this article of the day. I had previously never thought of men breaking through gender stereotypes in such ways. I think there is a lot more to this fact then we think. Often times, I think that men are said to be macho and never allowed to cry. Yet in this post it talked about how if it were socially acceptable more men would like to talk about mental illnesses and so forth. One specific part of the post that I found haunting is when one of the guys mentioned that he hadn't cried in years but sometimes felt like he needed to break down. This made me sad because I feel like if there is even one guy that feels this way, there is bound to be others. I did think one thing that was awesome though was the support the men showed for each other, and how they lifted each other. This was a really interesting read and a different perspective which I really liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment