Wednesday, February 8, 2017

AOD 2/8/17



Millennial

After watching this video, I believe Simon Sinek had a lot of valid points. One thing that Simon said that I noticed in growing up was the use of social media. Simon describes it as that our generation has "put a filter on their world" making life seemingly like a dream and never difficult. I also thought it was interesting when Sinek talked about how our phones and how "likes", "texts" and other things can cause kids to not be able to form deep relationships. This is something I have seen in my life and believe that this could be true. It is a sad thing to be true. One thing I did not agree with is that millennials are the way they are because of failed parenting styles. I do not believe my parents "failed" in raising me. I believe they taught me the value of hard work, and the motivation to grab life, and succeed. Yet, Sinek tells of how we were always told how special we are and how that has made us entitled. I do not believe that this statement applies to everyone in our generation. I believe yes some of us were told we were special but I do not think this hindered us. I believe in many cases this gave us the confidence that we could be the change in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment