Friday, March 3, 2017

AOD 3/3/17



AOD 3/3/17

This article about Americans ignoring facts really caught my eye. One thing that I found very interesting was the information presented that once misinformed people are presented with information that challenges their beliefs, they generally do not change their minds. According to the article people did not only, not change their minds but were more attached to their mistaken beliefs, and even when presented facts, were more attached to their beliefs. I found this interesting because often times, I do see that even when information to me is presented that challenges my beliefs, I often think it could not be so and challenge the credibility of what I am reading before even researching the topic myself. The question at the end of this article really got me thinking the question reads: "How are we to correct misinformation if the very act of informing some people causes them to redouble their dedication to believing things that are not true?" I found this to be a valid question. How do we really inform people? And how do we know what the real truth is. I do not believe in the current state that anyone has a clear solution to this problem. I do know that in order for this to happen, it would require thorough research through every image or article read, and simply put no one has the time or energy to clarify and research everything they read to know of the validity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment