Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Topic of Interest

Topic of Interest

This week, as I have been thinking of my topic of resettlement, I came across a quote that I really liked by Leonard Nimoy, he stated, "The miracle is, the more we share the more we have." It was interesting to see this quote when searching refugees. This quote truly does apply to refugees and specifically as to why we should help. I think many who believe refugees should not be allowed into our country are very worried about their own safety or their own jobs and so forth. But I wonder, if any have thought about how it could benefit them to help refugees. There are many people out there who have dedicated their lives to helping these people, and there are those living among us, who are refugees. Some may be close to us, and some we may never know, but nonetheless we should help them. Just as the quote says, "the more we share the more we have".  The more we help refugees and share the many resources we have the more it can bless us and the more we can see that they are not as different from us, at all. This quote also seems to remind me of one of the articles, I used for my paper, titled "You Invited me In". I really liked the title of this article because, we as Americans with our limitless resources should invite refugees in, and welcome them to a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment