Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Topic of Interest

Topic of Interest


When looking at my topic in closer terms, I again searched refugees on the web and found a picture of a map of the U.S. which showed where Syrian refugees were placed in America in the 2012-2015 time frame. I found it interesting that most refugees were sent to the East, specifically places like New York, Connecticut, etc. I found that interesting and decided to research more about why refugees are placed where they are. As I researched on many resettlement sites, we found that a states culture has much to do with where refugees are placed. Many states seem to have small resemblances often to the refugees home country. Things that this could be affected by would be things such as climate, specific traditions and many other minor similarities. I think it is cool, that often the government tries to place the refugees into a place where they believe it will be an easier transition and where they believe they can succeed. I'm sure all cases are not always like this, yet it is interesting to see that in most they do at least try in some way to accommodate to those who have come into our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment