Sunday, March 5, 2017

Topic of Interest

Topic of Interest


This week as I was looking on the IRC(international rescue committee) website, I was able to find a slideshow of pictures where I was able to see refugees right after they were let into the United States. Although these pictures were few, I was able to see many different emotions within these pictures. The pictures show one family and then a single woman mentoring the family through a service the IRC offers. The main emotions, I see in the pictures are happiness, sadness, and also a lot of anxiety. These emotions do not surprise me, because of all this family must have been through. The pictures tell that this family is from Congo who luckily were all able to come together to America to find safety and peace. Through the IRC this family was mentored and entered into the U.S. with help from their mentor to transition into the U.S. The family has many children with them and all the children look healthy and well, which is a huge plus. The family also looks as if they seem to fit into their new environment and enjoy their new home. I believe that through these photos we get a glimpse of what the future could be if we allowed more refugees into our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment